Today I will take a step back from describing the situation in Haiti to tell you about our Annual LaGrange Fundraiser that is taking place right now. We have always done our LaGrange fundraiser in the Fall and our Jacksonville fundraiser at the beginning of Spring. Planning a fundraiser in the Fall is always an interesting endeavor. With the start of school and high school, college, and NFL football every weekend night, it is always a challenge to schedule a successful event. This year, we are doing something different.
A “Non Event Fundraiser” is exactly what you think it is. It is a fundraiser that is not accompanied by an event. We sent out invitations (if you did not receive one, we apologize, we got quite a few “return-to-sender” invitations back in the mail today) “Not Inviting” everyone to “Nothing” but instead asking people to either go online or send the response card back with what you would have given at a normal event. It is important to note that we are not forgetting about our LaGrange people! We are, instead, going to be having a cookout on Sunday October 13 from 3:00 to 5:00 and we would love to see everyone there.
Here are some of the reasons for our “Non Event Fundraiser” and we appreciate everyone who will take part in it:
- You can give what you would have spent on tickets, babysitters, clothes, etc. to All Things New instead.
- There is no over head costs for ATN and all money given will go directly to our ministry rather than food, venue rental, and decorations.
- We will still get together with our LaGrange supporters and have a chance to share and talk in a no-pressure environment where we can focus on what is happening with All Things New.
- If you do not live in Jacksonville and will not be invited to our Annual fundraiser there, you can be a part of this one.
- It is easy to share online and try to get the word out to as many people as possible without being tied to an event.
- You can stay home and watch football. With Auburn, Georgia, and Alabama all currently undefeated, our LaGrange supporters are having a great year, and we are not asking you to give up a Saturday night!
If you did not receive an invitation in the mail, please Click Here to go to our LaGrange Fundraiser page to see other options for giving.