I know there have been a lot of posts with similar titles lately, but the truth is I am just not that creative. I am just sitting in the JAX airport at 5:30 this morning waiting for my flight to board and I wanted to put up a blog post about the trip and about what is going on with us and with All Things New. In all honesty, this is one of the hardest trips yet for a variety of reasons. Some of the reasons are on a professional/All Things New level as follows:
- We are moving our kids into rental houses and there are some unknowns that come along with it.
- We have to strike a delicate balance of making the houses better but not spending too much of our money on a short-term solution.
- We have to hire some new security guards because we will need 24/7 security at both houses.
- There are some added expenses as we will have to pay rent for the first time in All Things New’s history.
- The kids are having to move for the second time in less than a year and this is an unknown place for them as well.
These are some of the professional issues but the truth is that the personal issues are even more difficult:
- I will be traveling to Haiti again by myself without Jess and Sophie and I do not know how long I will be staying.
- I will miss Valentine’s Day and Jessica’s birthday while I am down in Haiti for the first time since we have been married.
- Jess is better at making a lot of the decisions that I will have to make in the next couple of weeks and I am going to have do my best to think like she would.
- We are a lot better when we are together than when we are apart as we have very different strengths and weaknesses.
This is going to be short blog today partly because I am really tired, partly because I do not like typing with the computer in my lap, and partly because the main point of this particular blog is to ask for prayer from our supporters (and if you are reading this I do mean you). As you read this please just make it a point to stop and pray for the next couple of weeks and the transition time that we are going through at All Things New. I know that we sent out a plea for people to come down in the next couple of weeks to help, and we would still love your help if you are able. But the truth is that we need prayer more than we need anything else! If I am being honest, that is such a hard thing to believe sometimes. When all of these things are happening, it seems like action or wisdom or skills are the most important thing, but that is just not true. Let me repeat:
We need prayer more than we need anything else!
Please intercede for us as we try to follow the leadership of Christ and do the things that He wants us to do. Pray that He would lead us to the right place in the right way at the right time with the right people and with His wisdom and leadership rather than our own. Thank you for praying and please recruit others to pray for us specifically over the next couple of weeks.