We are heading back to Haiti a week from Sunday (March 25) and we will be staying until the middle of June. Over the past few weeks we have been getting ready for the trip, resting up in preparation, attending a fundraiser, and making sure we know what we need to accomplish while we are there. Back in February we started a blog series called “ATN 2018” where we are giving different ways that you can get involved with our ministry in 2018 and beyond. We will be continuing this series over the next couple of weeks, so bear with us as we are getting ready to head back. Also be in prayer for our family as Sophie and Elijah will be taking their first 3 month trip down to Haiti. So today’s blog will be focused on Facebook Fundraisers!
There is an exciting new opportunity (it’s not exactly new, but it is new for us) for you to partner with All Things New in 2018! I’m sure you have noticed that Facebook now allows people to raise funds for their favorite charity simply by clicking a few buttons and then getting the word out on your personal page and asking friends and family to donate to the charity in lieu of giving gifts. This is such a simple but potentially game-changing opportunity for All Things New. It takes very little work, most of us do not really need/want anything for our birthday anyway, and it could potentially be a great marketing campaign to get the word out to a lot of new people about All Things New. Here is all you have to do to take part in a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser:
- Log in to your Facebook Page
- Select Fundraiser
- Select Birthday Fundraiser (and make sure to choose All Things New Orphanage as your charity)
- Start Date 2 weeks prior to your actual Birthday – day after your Birthday
- Set a Goal – $500-$1000
- Post a reason “why” along with your fundraiser – Sample “For my birthday this year, I’m asking for donations to All Things New. I’ve chosen this nonprofit because their mission means a lot to me, and I hope you’ll consider contributing as a way to celebrate with me. Every little bit will help me reach my goal”
- Lastly, ask family and close friends to start the donations, any amount and see how others join in!
Already, in 2018 alone, we have raised over $1,000 with 3 Facebook Fundraisers (thank you Jana Grenier, Carrie Bedard, and Jenn Crowley)! If this is something that you would like to do for All Things New, and would like us to give you a reminder when your birthday month arrives, you can click here to sign up and commit to a birthday fundraiser for ATN. Thanks in advance for all that you already do for All Things New and please consider making this the next step you take in your involvement with our ministry.